The Christmas season is a joyous time of year that should be filled with fun and festivity. Unfortunately, it’s also a period that tends to be quite unsafe for our beloved companions. Several of our favorite parts of the holiday season are dangerous to our four-legged family members. And if you're not mindful, your cat or dog could end up hurt, sick, or a whole lot worse.
As a vet in Denver, we treat a lot of pets who are feeling under the weather as a result of eating something they shouldn’t have. While many of those cases occur because a dog or cat decided to snack on something while their owners weren’t looking, others involve pets who got sick after eating something their owner gave them.